Inspection of warehouse shelves allows you to stay safe not only employees, but also goods and the entire warehouse. Until recently, negligence in the control of warehouse equipment was an extremely common phenomenon in our country. The assumption that "it will work out somehow" over the years has often led, if not to misfortune, then at best to chaos and reduced efficiency. Fortunately, this picture is changing. Both entrepreneurs and employees are increasingly aware of how important it is to ensure the safety and proper condition of the warehouse.
Analyzing the condition of the shelves allows you to eliminate or reduce later costs related to the purchase of new shelves, and additionally increases safety their users. Periodic inspections of shelves performed on time allow us to meet legal obligations and maintain the manufacturer's warranty fully use the potential of your warehouse.
The overview of warehouse racks includes:
- checking the condition of warehouse shelves
- verifying the condition of pallets and shelves
- checking the compliance of the construction of installation levels
- comparison of rack specifications with used forklifts
- checking the protection of rack columns
- verification of information from nameplates and their location
- checking cleanliness and general order in the warehouse's working corridors
- checking the condition of the storage floor
- verification of limits, tolerances and deformations of warehouse racks
Professional inspection and condition control of shelves
Inspections of warehouse shelves are not just a formality. This is, above all, the basis for safe work, so it is worth entrusting it to people who deal with storage systems in practice. Mag-Complex provides a number of services related to the industry, which allows us to assess the condition of the warehouse based on our experience and knowledge. We perform inspections in such a way that: influence the functioning of the warehouse as little as possible, and at the same time check its condition, not omitting details.
The technical condition of the shelves is inspected:
Irregularities in the operation of warehouse racks
- tearing out the shelf anchors from the floor
- damage to the covers protecting the shelves
- no nameplates
- exceeding the permissible loads
- no stickers informing about maximum permissible loads
- blocking the paths between the shelves
- failure to inspect the shelves in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations
Most of these problems result from negligence during use or rack assembly. Therefore, already at the stage of commissioning, it is worth making sure that all standards and regulations are met. Inspection of warehouse racks is intended to eliminate operational errors and signs of wear or damage. Besides, its execution is legal obligation entrepreneurs. In accordance with European standard PN-EN 15635 "Steel static storage systems – Application and maintenance of storage equipment" the user is responsible for carrying out an annual inspection of the racking installation and storage systems.
Regulations - PN-EN 15635 standards (concerning safety in warehouses):
- Carrying out technical inspections by an expert
- Replacement of damaged elements
- It is the customer's responsibility to appoint a person responsible for the security of the storage system
- Preparation of plans for periodic inspections in the warehouse
FEM (Federation Europeene de la Manutention) “Guidelines for the safe use of static racking installations”. Three risk groups have been defined:
GREEN: minor damage requiring periodic condition inspection
ORANGE: damage requiring response
RED: serious damage requiring immediate response
How much does a shelf inspection cost?
The price of a warehouse rack inspection depends mainly on the type of rack system and the size of the warehouse. Most standard services for checking the technical condition of racks in a warehouse cost from several hundred to even several thousand zlotys in the case of larger structures.
Technical and periodic inspections of shelves - contact
Mag-Complex deals with the design, construction and servicing of all the above-mentioned rack structures.
Thanks to this, we know their structure and specificity, which allows us to efficiently and thoroughly assess the condition of the structures being inspected. Such an inspection of warehouse shelves is not only a formality, but above all a service that has a real impact on work safety and efficiency. It also allows you to avoid higher costs in the future.
contact us regarding the inspection of shelves